School Improvement Council
Royal Live Oaks Academy's School Improvement Council (SIC) serves to
- assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the five-year School Improvement Plan (also known as the "School Renewal Plan" or "Strategic Plan");
- assist in the preparation of yearly Plan updates;
- assist the school in the development and implementation of the School Reading Plan as required by the Read to Succeed Act;
- write the annual SIC Report to the Parents, which is to be distributed no later than April 30 of each year;
- prepare, together with the Executive Director, the annual narrative for the SC School Report Card;
- provide advice on the use of school incentive award expenditures (if allocated by the legislature and awarded to the school);
- provide other assistance as requested by the Executive Director or local school board.
Please contact Dr. Wicks at 843-784-2630 if you are interested in being a member of our School Improvement Council.
The SIC will meet in the cafeteria on the 3rd Thursdays of each month from 5:00pm-6:00pm.Documents: